Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does a grooming session take? With a haircut, about an hour-and-a-half to two hours. Without a haircut, about an hour.
- How do you bathe the dogs? Small dogs get bathed in the kitchen sink. I take larger dogs to a self-serve pet bathing station.
- What products do you use? I use all natural shampoos and conditioner.
- What requirements do you have? I need to have proof of an up-to-date rabies vaccination for each pet.
- Have you ever had to turn an animal away? Yes, sadly. Once there was a miniature poodle too nervous for me to touch. And then there was an aggressive border collie mix. Other than these two, I’ve never turned a pet away since starting as a groomer in 2007.
- Do you walk dogs? I’m not currently doing dog walking but am open to the possibility.
- Can you make a deal to groom two or more pets during the same visit? Certainly. Grooming parties are fun for all.
- Which do you prefer, dogs or cats? I was more accustom to being around dogs in the past, but since I’ve gotten to know cats, I love them too. In fact, I just love all animals.